The right hand of the Colossus of Constantine / Rome


Robert Rauschenberg, Cy Twombly, Rome, 1952     
 Elliott Erwitt, 1968                                                                                   Robert Rauschenberg, Cy Twombly, Capitoline Museum, Rome, 1952  
John Vink, 1981      
Josef Koudelka, 1985

The Colossus of Constantine c. 312–315 AD was a colossal acrolithic statue of the late Roman
 emperor Constantine the Great (c. 280–337) that once occupied the west apse of the Basilica of
 Maxentius near the Forum Romanum in Rome.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...